What we are about: Our mission
The mission of the Steel Framing Alliance is to enable and encourage the widespread, practical and economical use and preference for cold formed steel (CFS) framing by identifying, maintaining, and promoting competitive advantages while identifying and pre-empting threats.
The Steel Framing Alliance works to expand market share in the commercial and residential construction markets with an emphasis on growth potential of structural CFS framing in the mid-rise sector for offices, hotels, condos, apartments and other multi-family housing, university housing and similar buildings.
What we do: Our activities
To pursue our mission, the Steel Framing Alliance works with our investor members to establish strategic areas of focus. Activities designed to promote advantages or preempt threats include:
- Research and solutions development designed to improve the competitive standing of CFS framing in the marketplace
- Monitoring and defending CFS framing in codes and standards at the national level and in key state, provinces, and local jurisdictions
- PR and other outreach to the building community and the public in general on the benefits of steel framing
- Development of technical notes, design guides, and other technical assistance for use in training of building owners, financial representatives, builders, building inspectors, design professionals, and others
SFA members contribute valuable insight and expertise in the needs of the marketplace, which is channeled into the development of resources for the industry.
Who we are: Membership Profile
Based in Washington, D.C., SFA's national network of members represents the full spectrum of trades and professions within the construction industry - and virtually every product category, including:
- Building Officials
- Commercial and Residential Builders
- Steel Producers and Coil Coaters
- Stud Manufacturers
- Truss and Component Fabricators